Shenanigans is Temporarily Closed, But Will Re-open Soon!
From the Dahlonega Nugget - March 13, 2014
The home of Shenanigan's is in shambles after a fast-burning blaze swept through the upper floors of the historic Strickland house in downtown Dahlonega Thursday, March 13, 2014, just after 5:30 a.m.
Firefighters from Lumpkin, Hall and Dawson counties and Camp Frank D. Merrill worked together to contain the flames which were said to originate from a gas heater located in a first-floor office, according to Glen Allen of the Georgia Office of Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner.
"It started on the first floor, got in the walls and just moved up," said Lumpkin County firefighter Dan Witcher.
No one was hurt in the fire and the flames were extinguished before they consumed the entire building. However, the damage was extensive, particularly to the upstairs office suites which are home to several local businesses.
From the outside of the building, the popular eatery of Shenanigan's Irish Restaurant & Pub looked untouched by flames but inside the basement-level restaurant was suffering from extensive water damage.